Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sad sad

Sister Bibi left this morning. I am sad sad.

Left, as in, moved away, to another convent hours and hours away from here. AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME until about 7:30 the night before she left. Apparently, she didn’t know she was leaving until two days before she left. She’s going to a medical community in the north.

I was so upset when I found out I almost started crying. “Why is she leaving?”

Sister Juliana shrugged. “That’s our life. When they tell us to move somewhere else, we go. Obedience.”

Which is one good reason never to become a nun!

Sister Bibi was the nicest of all my housemates. Apparently, Sister Constance is replacing here. Sister Constance has been here off and on for the past few weeks, but I hardly ever see her, which is a good thing. I don’t think she likes me. She barely acknowledges my existence. It’s like she thinks I’m below her, like I’m not worth noticing or talking to. I didn’t realize she would be staying here for good! I thought she was just visiting.

Sister Bibi came to my room last night to say goodbye, and I wonder if I’ll ever see her again. She gave me her cell phone number and Gh¢10 to buy credit for my phone, but talking on the phone is not the same as living with her and seeing her every day! :(

No comments: