Monday, October 27, 2008

Sick

So I was sick this weekend. I’m feeling better today but I’m not all the way recovered yet.

Yesterday made me happy, despite my sickness. Sister Dorothy made oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal is my comfort food! I always eat it when I’m feeling sad or lonely or sick, and it always raises my spirits. For lunch, I ate this food that reminded me of a panini sandwich. I was happy to eat something something that’s not rice, yams, plantains, potatoes, etc. It was a welcome change. THEN, for dinner, we had fried plantains and fried potatoes with some sort of tomato sauce. I love friend plantains, but it was the fried potatoes that made me laugh with joy. French fries! I rarely eat french fries in America, but for some reason, I was so happy to eat them last night. They were just comforting. The food here is so different. It’s good, but different. I never thought I’d miss American food, but apparently, I do!

No comments: