Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A headless chicken

I believe the cliché is “running around like a chicken with its head cut off.” That’s actually kind of a gross image.

Today was the last day of school! I had no idea until this morning! I thought that exams were supposed to start on Thursday, but they actually start tomorrow, so today was my last day teaching. I hope all the students are prepared for exams!

I only taught three periods today, however... we went on a field trip today! I took the kids to the National Museum in Accra. Looooong story but it worked out and they were really well-behaved at the museum. They loved it!

I’m supposed to be marking (grading) their composition books... I’m way behind. There are some compositions from June that I haven’t marked yet! AH!

Sister Regina and Sister Dorothy have been ganging up on me telling me how unattractive I look at my current weight. They think I’m too slim. They think when I go home everyone will think they didn’t feed me enough OR that I have AIDS. I think that when I go home, everyone will laugh when they see me and wonder how on earth anyone could possibly think I’m too slim when in fact I’ve actually put on a little weight. Regardless, I’ve been jogging every morning. Less than a week to become chingilingi!

I’LL BE IN AMERICA IN ONE WEEK!

Crazy.

Sorry everything is so disjointed, but that’s how my mind is working right now! Here, there, everywhere, trying to get everything done without going too crazy! I’m going to sleep soon, but when I wake up, I’ll have only 5 days left in Ghana! I can’t believe it!

With everything going on, I’m not sure how much more time I’ll have to write. There is soo much I wanted to write about, like, how well I get along with the dogs now or how my biggest pet peeve in the world (seeing men urinating in public) makes me feel, but I don’t know how much time I’ll have to write at all in the next five days. OH WELL.

See you SOON!

3 comments:

david1082 said...

Careful about those headless chickens - obrunis can get AIDS just by looking at them.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, This time you might be getting ready in the departure lounge when these lines are being arrayed. I totally misunderstood you miss kate. I am sorry for every crazy word. After exploring you with the lense of five senses, i get a different picture. Well its also enchanting. You have been rightly bestowed with the title of yaa A...
Life is only for bravos. Will write you later. J.A